The New England/Québec Student Exchange Program provides eligible New England college students the opportunity to spend one or two semesters at participating Québec campuses. Students must be enrolled at a participating New England institution.
The Québec campuses offer a wide variety of learning environments and an impressive array of course offerings. While on exchange, students also enjoy Québec’s vibrant cultural scene, natural beauty and extensive recreational opportunities, including world-class skiing.
École Polytechnique de Montréal
Université de Montréal
Université de Sherbrooke
Université du Québec
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
Université du Québec à Rimouski
Université du Québec en Outaouais
Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
Institut national de la recherche scientifique
École nationale d’administration publique
École de technologie supérieure
Bridgewater State University
Fitchburg State University
Framingham State University
University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Massachusetts Boston
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
Westfield State University
Worcester State University
University of Rhode Island
New England students must be enrolled at a participating New England college or university. Students complete an online application through CREPUQ (Conférence des Recteurs et des Principaux des Universités du Québec) at http://echanges-etudiants.crepuq.qc.ca (available in French and English). In order to file the application, students need to first obtain an online password from the exchange program coordinator at their New England campus. Click here to download a list of the New England campus study abroad contacts.
- Undergraduate and graduate students.
- Students must have completed at least one year of full-time study in a degree program and must remain registered in that degree program during their semester(s) abroad.
- Students must have a command of the French language, unless they plan to attend an English-speaking institution.
- Students must have a good academic record. Students must meet all specific requirements of home and host institutions.
- Exchange students pay tuition and academic fees to their home campus in New England.
- Exchange students are responsible for transportation costs and living expenses, room/board and other required miscellaneous expenses, i.e. student activity and health insurance fees, at the Québec institution.
- Students maintain their eligibility for financial aid while abroad.
- Students must pay a required immigration/border crossing fee to the Canadian government.
For more information on the NEQSEP, please contact:
New England Board of Higher Education
45 Temple Place, Boston, MA 02111
phone: (617) 533-9511
email: wlindsay [at] nebhe.org